Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Journal 12: Olympic Games

The Olympic Games originated long ago in ancient Greece. Exactly when the Games were first held and what circumstances led to their creation is uncertain. However, it is known that the Games were a direct outgrowth of the values and beliefs of Greek society. The Greeks idealized physical fitness and mental discipline, and they believed that excellence in those areas honored Zeus, the greatest of all their gods. These 'Olympic Games' are an important event in sports because people around the world can represent his/her country to win a medal, not to mention showing off their sport talents. I have watch a few of the Olympic events including table tennis, track & field. etc because I have an interest in sports, and watching it inspires me to try it. I think the table tennis player, Li Jia Wei, impresses me the most, because she stays calm and plays well. She also has the determination to get a medal for Singapore. I would like to participate in the Olympic Games in either the badminton or table tennis event beacuse these are sports which I am good at. I think that organising the Olympics is worth it as it gives a chance to everyone in the world to show off their talents and represent their country.

The Olmypic Logo: Blue = Europe
Yellow = Asia
Black = Africa
Green = America ( North and South)
Red = Oceania

No comments: