Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Journal 16: Formula 1

Hi Mr Lau, after I read the links you gave, I know that the Formula One is the highest class of open wheeled auto racing defined by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), motorsport's world governing body. The "formula" in the name refers to a set of rules to which all participants and cars must conform. The F1 world championship season consists of a series of races, known as Grands Prix, held usually on purpose-built circuits, and in a few cases on closed city streets. The results of each race are combined to determine two annual World Championships, one for drivers and one for constructors. I think that the F1 started during the 1920s to 1930s, but I do not know where it started ( I have tried to look for the information on many sites, including the ones you gave Mr Lau). I think that the cities which held F1 are places which are big, such as: Sakhir, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne, Imola, Nurburg, Barcelona, Monte-Carlo, Silverstone, Montreal, Indianapolis, Magny-Cours, Hockenheim, Budapest, Istanbul, Monza, Shanghai, Suzuka and Sao Paulo (2006). I think that Singapore should hold the F1 race as although the country is small, it strives very hard to hold events for all of us. Some of the benefits that Singapore would get would be attracting more tourists and leaving the F1 drivers and tourists with a good impression of Singapore. My favourite driver would be Lewis Hamilton, because not only he is 1st in the drivers standings, but he also does not give up hope during his races. Honestly, I do not have much interest in F1 racing, but however, I have an interest in the cars. I have watched the F1 race this year, but not all of it as it was too long. I felt that the race was really thrillling, having a few twists in it. but for me, the best part would be the closing and rize giving ceremony......

No comments: